2008年3月13日 星期四

Genral examination proficent test 1

be expecting a baby soon 即將生產
be getting used to N/Ving 漸漸習慣於……
a check-up 身體檢查=a physical check-up=a physical例:You should have a physical on a regular basis.(你要定期檢查身體。)
take some private lessons 私下請教練授課
in the rush hour 上下班交通顛峰時間=during the rush hour例:Cars usually move bumper to bumper during the rush hour.(在交通顛峰時間,汽車一輛挨著一輛徐徐前進。)
I'd like to report a lost Nokia cell-phone. 我想要掛失一只諾其亞手機。
That shirt looks great on you.=You really look great in that shirt.(那件襯衫穿在你身上很好看。)
In one's opinion,... 依某人看法,……=In one's view,...=One is of the opinion that...例:In my opinion, John is a man of his word.=I'm of the opinion that John is a man of his word.(依我個人看法,約翰是個言而有信的人。)
perform surgery on a patient 對某病人做手術=perform an operation on a patient
let sb down 使某人失望例:Hey, Jim, don't let me down.=Hey, Jim, don't dissappoint me.(嘿,吉姆,不要讓我失望。)
disgruntled a. 不高興的例:Several disgruntled employees yelled at the company's president during his speech.(若干不滿的職員在該公司董事長演講時對他大罵。)
that is such a letdown
I guess we have the same taste. 我想我們有相同的品味。
be in good taste 有品味
be in bad taste 品味差
cash register n. 收款機..., you sure are lucky I came along then.=..., you sure are lucky that I came along that time.……我當時正巧過來, 你真是走運。
bundle n. 一捆
a bundle of fire wood 一捆乾柴
a bundle of money 一疊錢
單獨使用bundle時, 則等於a lot of money。例:That car cost me a bundle.=That car cost me a lot of money.=That car cost me an arm and a leg.(那部車花了我不少錢。)
renovation n. 整修renovate vt. 整修例:The museum is being renovated and will be closed until the end of next year.(這間博物館目前正在整修,而且要到明年底才會再開放。)
workout n. 健身運動
starve vi 挨餓例:I'm starving to death.(我餓得半死。)I'm so starving that I could eat a horse.(我餓得可以把一匹馬吃掉。)
chill vt. 將……冷藏chill the food in the refrigerator 將這食物放到冰箱冷藏注意:chill可當名詞, 表感冒, 尤用於下列片語中:catch a chill 感冒=catch a cold
be bored with... 對……厭煩=be fed up with=be sick/tired of例:I'm bored with having to do the same work again and again.(做同樣的工作,我都做煩了。)
get to V 能夠……例:By traveling around, I get to know more about the beauty of the nature.(藉著到處旅遊,我能更了解大自然的美。)
all day long 一天到晚

沒有留言: